Where do I start? Where do I begin? Aside from having an unnecessarily long list of bday events, 32 is already teaching me so many things. Or maybe this is just everything I learned from 31.
1) Slow Down! – I lost my house keys (car keys included) for like 2 days in my apartment because I move too damn fast! And I would have never found them if I didn’t wake up one morning, stop, and actually think about where they could be, the most obvious place in the world, under my couch cushions.
2) I’m learning to trust myself. I can guarantee that 100% of the time when we are worried about something its because we don’t trust that we are capable of receiving the best outcome.
3) It’s okay to be a hot mess….well at least temporarily. Everyone learns their lessons at different times. Just because you aren’t where you think you should be today, doesn’t mean you won’t ever get there. Enjoy the journey; “it’s a marathon, not a sprint”.
4) I can tell someone how I feel even if I know the feeling won’t be reciprocated. All that matters is that you’re honest with yourself and others.
5) You get what you give. Not just a Big Sean lyric but a valuable life lesson as well. Your energy determines everything. I’m giving off a new energy, a less scared, less anxious, and hopefully a less awkward kind.
6) Things HAVE to fall apart to come together. I wouldn’t have learned all the above lessons if I didn’t lose something or go through some shit. The reason why we suffer is because we aren’t willing to let go of an expectation. If you expect to win have to expect to lose.